Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Going... going... GONE!

And good riddance! That is what I said to the mountains of stuff I got rid of this past weekend at a yard sale.

There is something very cleansing and motivating in getting rid of the accumulations of "STUFF". Makes you want to get rid of more. So much so that Beth (my roomate) went and collected all of the decorative stuff from our bathroom to sell so that we have an excuse to redecorate it! When it comes to "holding on" and "letting go", Beth and I are at WAY opposite ends of the spectrum. I want to hold onto everything just in case I need it sometime (I blame my mom and grandma), and she - well - doesn't! So I've learned to be picky about the things I hold on to.

And now - with the sale over - the storage areas (basement/bedroom/living room/dining room/pantry) all have this nice clean bare look that I kind of like. I know it won't stay that way for long, but it's a good feeling for a little while!

PS - On a side note - 2.5 weeks of school done, 13.5 to go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just think, that is a whole mound of STUFF you will never have to move again!

Gretchen said...

That's right, blame mom. Everything is always the mother's fault anyway, isn't it? LOL

And you're not planning on moving any time soon, are you??