Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Year, New Me

Happy New Year everyone!

I vowed that I would not, COULD NOT make yet another New Years' Resolution that is destined to failure. So I started making changes before the new year, and what I have now are New Years' intentions!

#1) I started Weight Watchers meetings the 16th of December and I intend to stick with it - it's the only thing that truly worked in the past and I just didn't keep going. It must be working though because I lost weight even over the holidays, more than 5 lbs!

#2) I intend to say no when I've got too much on my plate and someone wants me to take on just one more thing. Too often I say yes because I want to help, and I end up frazzled and sometimes sick because I wear myself out.

#3) I intend to finish school in 119 days, participate in the graduation ceremony, proudly display the diploma it took me almost 20 years to finish, and not think about any more school for at least a year so some fun things and projects that I keep saying I will do "after graduation" actually get done "after graduation"!

#4) I intend to be flexible with my intentions, to realize that I don't have control of everything and sometimes plans need to change in response to the environment.

That's it for this year so far (see - I can be flexible). If things go well, I may add more intentions mid-year. I wish everyone a happy and healthy new year!

No comments: