Tuesday, August 07, 2007

20 years?!?!?!

7304 Days (give or take a leap year here or there)

1040 Weeks

2 Decades

1/5 Century

In other words, a REALLY, REALLY long time since I graduated from high school! It doesn't seem possible, after all I just graduated from college. OK - so this was the third college graduation , but it can't REALLY be twenty years - CAN IT?

Much to my shock, dismay, and much denial... it has indeed been that long since I walked the halls of Omaha North High School. You know what that means, right? Yep - the 20 year high school reunion.

It was great to see my friends and hear all about their families; siblings I knew-spouses & children I didn't. It was fun re-living the geeky band trips, interesting finding out "whatever happened to...", and sad to learn that some of my classmates and teachers have passed away.
Our reunion committee did such a fantastic job of planning and executing a wonderful reunion weekend for everyone and I told each one of them this several times during the weekend of events.

Go VIKINGS!

2 comments:

Montana Dave said...

Now I'm sure I was adopted, because I'm really not looking forward to my 20 year reunion. It would be nice to reconnect with a few people, but all in all, I'd probably pass.

Mary Beth said...

I'm glad you had a good time. I was mortified to attend my 10 year reunion but had so much fun. Now I'm actually looking forward to the next one!