Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Zip line 1, Ruth 0!

At one point this last weekend I seemed to think that I was 12 years old. I'm not certain what it was that made me think this, but let me just say that I most definitely am NOT 12!

As if I needed certain proof of this, my attempt to use a zip line (a silly contraption that you hang from and zip from one platform to another) last Saturday gave me just such proof. The attempt, which started with me uttering the phrase "Here - let me show you how it's done" - certainly words that belong to the mouth & brain of a 12 year old, ended with three broken fingers and my needing surgery next week to put pins in two fingers of the right hand (of course I'm right-handed).

So my days of hunt and peck on the keyboard begin, and the blogs may be few & far between for a couple months.

Zip Line 1 - Ruth 0

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Yikes! I hope your fingers are happy again soon!