Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Did I forget to tell you?

The first time I went camping as an adult, with some friends from work (one of whom is now my roomate) - there was a litany of things they forgot to tell me before we went off on our adventure. Like the fact that I was supposed to bring pillows. Not one mention of this fact. They told me that they had a camper - but neglected to mention that I should bring slip on shoes so that I could easily put them on in the night to WALK TO THE BATHROOM (another detail they forgot). They forgot to tell me to bring some sort of laundry bag to put dirty clothes in, never once mentioned that the new person is supposed to bring treats, and it completely slipped their mind to tell me that I would have to shower in place where others might see me dress.

So when I hear the phrase "Did I forget to tell you...?" - it raises some serious concerns about what's coming my way. And when my boss said it to me this morning - I knew I was in trouble. Turns out that I'm supposed to give a presentation to the entire staff tomorrow morning and have one whole day to prepare. She's known about this for MONTHS - not hours (like me) or days or even weeks - MONTHS.

So when I quit this job (at some unknown point in the future), I think I'll just stop showing up - and when they call I'm going to say - Did I forget to tell you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But you're Google McWally World, don't you have a presentation in the back of a desk drawer? If not you'll have to pull one out of the back of your other drawers. :D

Ruth said...

I can't believe you remember that name!